Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:07:26 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:48:30 -0600, Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

>If more
>people use this technology people will want to spread out and not move
>constantly trying to zero beat the last guy.

REPLY:

Trying to zero beat the last guy only works when there are either 1) Few
callers, or 2) You know you are louder than everyone else because of propagation
and/or geography. With major pileups like ST0R and the disadvantage of geography
here on the west coast, I just parked my signal away from the crowd and they
eventually found me. I worked then on every band-mode (six) I heard them on.
Can't do any better than that.

73, Bill W6WRT