Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:48:30 -0600
Going by USA call area numbers is better than nothing but the numbers no
longer mean anything geographically.  A W1 can be in California, NY, MN
or TX.  It is better than nothing.  When DX calls for West Coast it
becomes a free for all as well.

What I hear happening more often than not is people just trying to brute
force a contact by calling on top of the guy the DX called on RTTY, CW
and SSB now.

I will have a chance to play DX from J6 this November and would like to
use more of the skimmer technologies when not in the contest.  If more
people use this technology people will want to spread out and not move
constantly trying to zero beat the last guy.