Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 00:32:43 -0500
I think the rules are confusing. In section 3 it says Non-Rookies only
get credit when working Rookies.

_*3) Entry Categories:*_
3.2. Non-Rookies may call CQ, but can only work Rookie stations for
contest credit.

In section 5 it says you get 1 point for each Non-Rookie you work:

_*5) Scoring:*_

5.1. Points: 2 points for completed QSO with a Rookie, 1 point for a
completed QSO with a non-Rookie.

So which is it? You either get points or you don't.

If I were in Alaska and could not make contacts at 100 Watts, I
certainly would consider flipping on the amp and providing the AK
multiplier for all the participants, and then turn in a Checklog.
Unfortunately I don't see that as a classification that can be selected.
I suppose you could simply not turn in a log.

Even if your contacts don't count in the Rookie Roundup, they certainly
would count for WAS and DXCC credits. I'm sure you could please a lot of
rookies too! I know I would call you if I heard you on 80m RTTY, my last
hold out state on that band.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN