Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:35:45 -0800
Robert,

I agree the rules need some more work.

Rule 3.2 should clarify that if a Non-Rookie works a Non-Rookie neither
station gets a QSO point, BUT either or both stations may get multiplier
credit if it is a new state, province, XE zone, etc.

Rule 5.1 confused me too until I read it several times and finally realized
that it is written from the perspective of the Rookie.  The Rookie gets 2
points for working another Rookie, but only one point for working a
Non-Rookie.  So Rookies get points, plus mults, no matter who they work.

You are absolutely correct about flipping the amp on and saying the heck
with it - here's an AK mult, any takers?  That's what many AK hams do in the
NAQP events that are also limited to 100W.  They just submit a check log and
forget about the score.  A check log category for the Rookie Roundup would
be beneficial.

73,
Gary AL9A