[RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange

To: RTTY reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:32:34 -0800
An additional thought.

My exchange for RTTY Roundup was 599 CA.

With 1250 contacts, I got request for state repeat only four times. I
haven't run the math, but I'm pretty sure that I came out ahead.

My suggestion. If you have a reasonable signal, you are reasonably well
know, and you are a six actually in California, 599 CA works better than
599 CA CA.

If you are a Canadian, there is no ambiguity at all. Your call sign gives
your location and repeating BC or ON or whatever twice is a waste of time.

Of course for both Californian and Canadian cases, have a dedicated macro
key for your location just in case. In my case, I only used it four times.

For CQWW RTTY, 599 3 CA works great for me.

Repeating 599 is always a total waste of time.

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light