Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY Contest

To: "'Ed'" <autek@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY Contest
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 22:02:07 -0400
You can sign simply W3NR if you'd like.  This part of the rules has not
changed for many years.  The portable designation is only required if the
base call sign does not denote the country of operation.

What may be confusing is that the CQ contests' results listings append a /#
to all US calls that operate in a different call area than their base call
sign.  This is for the purpose of grouping results by call area and doesn't
require that you sign that way in the contest.

Ed - W0YK
CQ RTTY Contest Director