Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, "Alejandro V. XE1EE" <xe1ee@telmexmail.com>, "trevor dunne" <trevor_dunne@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle
From: "John GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:18:22 -0000
AFC is an evil device that should be banished from the screen! Far better to
net properly.

Another reason for off frequency calls is clicking on spots then not
listening. Spots are usually going to be a bit off, often way off. At times
I could tell that someone had spotted me when I got a run of stations
calling, all off by the same amount.

2 suggestions for everyone who uses spots:
1)    Check that the frequency you put up is correct. If you just click from
contest software, make sure that the frequency offset is correct in your
software set-up.
2)    Remember the difference between your rig frequency display and the
actual spot frequency. This help a lot with finding weak DX stations.

When I call a station from a stack they get one report sent. If nothing
comes back I move on. Usually they come back again within a short time. Bill
W6WRT has a good view on this and I don't have any problem if someone has
moved on. When running S+P, if I call a station and get no reply I will move
that slot to my second display and move on. I can then see if they call me
later and answer if I am free.

Great to see another EI in the log,

73, John GW4SKA