Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:02:34 -0900
I too will stack stations if I'm getting several printing at the same time
in a pile up.  I rarely have more than one or two in the stack.  Problem is
when I go to the "next" guy he is often not there.  Usually I think it is
someone running SO2R and he didn't stick around because he had to go back to
his CQ radio.  Bill's philosophy of not sticking around if he sees a stack
situation is different.  The problem is not sticking around for your call to
come out of the stack causes me a dilemma.  Do I send the exchange a second
time, which loses me time, go the next one in the stack if there is one, or
call CQ again?  I don't know if there is a good answer.  Usually I will send
the exchange a second time and many times the station will finally respond.
I can only assume some QSB or QRM prevented him from getting my exchange on
the first send or he didn't read/understand the "... NOW XXXXX..." part.

Unless you are a really big gun I think it is unrealistic to think that your
call will always be the one pulled out of the pile up first and then QSY
when it's not.  The most annoying for me though is the guys who send their
complete exchange without waiting to see if I have acknowledged their call.
I'm sorry, but I can't log "... 599 274 274 TU 73 ES GL".  Who the heck was
that?  How do I call him back and ask for a repeat of his call?  Please, if
you haven't seen me acknowledge your call don't bother to send an exchange
that is going to end up on the shack floor anyway!

73,
Gary AL9A