Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle

To: "Alejandro V. XE1EE" <xe1ee@telmexmail.com>, RTTY-reflektorn <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dupes how to handle
From: trevor dunne <trevor_dunne@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:08:08 +0000 (GMT)
Sorry I missed you Alejandro, I had some very big pile ups on 15m, It made me
feel like a DX station at times. I struggle to get a decode when there is lots
of stations calling, I guess everyone does,

Two items that bugged me during the contest when I was runnig were

1. Stations calling very much off my freq, I use a Icom 756 pro2 in FSK/RTTY
mode, with the filter at 250hz and some stations were over 100hz off from me.
It was a constant job adjusting the RIT to tune in some stations.

2. When 2 or 3 stations call, I would stack there calls in N1MM so that once I
finished with the 1st I would go WXXX TU NOW KXXX ur 599 XXXX XXXX and so on,
but the amount of times the 2nd station didn't respond, I guess EI2 was not
rare enough to hang around 20 seconds for,

I had no problems with QRM as the Filters are very sharp on the Pro. Have to
say that N1MM is a great tool this was my 2nd big contest with it and I have
still a lot to learn but I can't see myself ever trying to do ASFK again.

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB