Re: [RTTY] Heathkit SB-1000 On RTTY

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Heathkit SB-1000 On RTTY
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
Bill is correct, the weak point in this amp is the transformer. I blew mine up
on RTTY twice and no longer have it. The trick is to replace the transformer
with a Peter Dahl transformer if you can find one at a reasonable price.

I ran mine at 500 watts on RTTY until the transformer went out.

73, Don AA5AU