Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:57:49 -0800
One thing I've always wondered about is the designator in Europe of /p.

If someone sends SM8XXX/p, does that mean they are portable in SM, or
somewhere else.

Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY

Gary, Ken, you have said it all. The rules work for the rest of the world
... it's the mess with calls in the US that is raising this question.

Something more important is the difficulty in assessing propagation when
hearing US stations calling. It's nice to know when a band is open to the
West coast or one of the difficult middle states. DX spots usually just give
a call without a specific location and the US callsigns are meaningless.

I don't see the BARTG rules changing ....

73,

John GW4SKA