Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:14:44 -0500
Geez Bill, where are you getting this from? I was pretty careful to keep my discussion about moving from one call district to another. Nobody suggested 50 call districts or thousands based on counties, and any discussion of speed limits is irrelevant here. You've taken this to a ridiculous conclusion that only damages your credibility.

My comparison to drivers licenses when moving from state to state was merely to point out that you had to get a new state-issued drivers license if you took up residency in a new state. Likewise, although the FCC is a federal authority, it makes sense that when you move from one call district to another that you get a call sign that corresponds to the call district you now reside in. This is the way it works with call signs everywhere else and its the way a lot of people would like to see it again according to the reaction I got from my original post on the subject.

Ultimately, nothing is likely to change. As you say, one call will be issued that's good for anywhere in the U.S.. It's just a shame to see an orderly system (one that works so well everywhere else in the world) trashed in the name of bureaucratic laziness and personal vanity.

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS