Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 06:08:02 -0000
One must remember that in the 50's and I think maybe the early 60's If an amateur in the U.S. was going across country, he first had to notify the FCC of his itinerary and approximate dates he would be in specific cities at some specific time and an emergency contact along his route. He also had to sign mobile .

A bit further back there was no first letter identifier just  1AW or  6WHY,

Maybe it won't be too long until the Canadian equivalent of FCC does away with changing call's if someone moves from ON and B.C. and they don't have to sign VE3xyz/7.

Quack   aka  K7QQ  Rex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>