Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:18:06 -0800
I love my 'WHY' call.  Why would I want to move to California and end up
with KA6XLQ or some other call that don't mean squat to me.  Lot's of people
have their state for suffix, or their intials, or name.  Those calls mean
something to the people that have them.

To  me a callsign is a very personal thing.  I guess if you don't give a
crap what your call is, just take what they shove down your throat.

Too many people that don't live here worry too much about what happens in
the U.S.  73
Tom W7WHY

Simple. Stick with what you had.
You report any moves to another call district, just like you do with your
drivers license when you move to a new state, right? The FCC issues you with
a call for the new call district. If it's possible to keep your call and
just change the number, then perfect. If not, you get a new call. If you
simply _must_ have a vanity call then you get a vanity call that corresponds
to your call district (see above). If there isn't one that you like then,
well, tough.

Now, Bill. What would you propose?

73,

Ken Alexander