[RTTY] NAQP Name

To: RTTY Contesting Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP Name
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:50:32 -0500
Last year I got some good advice here regarding the use of my name - Al - in
the exchange.  It's the abbreviation of a state and apparently confuses some
software (not N1MM, which I use, at least not in the way I use it).  Took the
advice and used 'KAZ' instead, a high school nickname.  Seemed to make thing
worse - there seemed to be more long pauses between sending the exchange and
receiving a confirmation than last year.  Is it just because of the unusual
nature of the name or is there some other software related reason?

I refuse to use my given name for stupid, pointless vanity reasons.  The only
ones who use that name are my mother and people I subsequently punch in the
mouth.  If I can get away with it.

Al
AB2ZY