Re: [RTTY] NAQP Name

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP Name
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:47:56 -0800
On Feb 24, 2013, at 9:43 PM, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:

> But you guys got me thinking... I'm considering honoring my
> gr-gr-Polish-grandfather by using his name next time...

I got my current vanity call sign in May 2002.  During the next NAQP, I used
"WILKE" as my name, to honor Wilke Cruse, the only previous owner of the call
sign.

N0AX told me that Wilke used "Bill" on the air, but I thought "Wilke" was more
fitting.  He was a Sparks on the Seattle-Yokohama-Shanghai steamships before
the war.

Anyway, it must have gotten into some friends.ini database.  On the next couple
of contests, I received stuff like TU WILKE :-).

One year, I'd used CHENEY. (Contests are supposed to be fun, right?)

73
Chen, W7AY