Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

To: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>, "rtty-contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM" <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives
From: "W4GKM" <w4gkm@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:57:08 -0500
I emailed my director but I doubt that we will get any support from him as well. This is very upsetting to me and many of my friends.

Nick
w4gkm

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Kolarik
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:37 PM
To: rtty-contesting.com ; Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM

Well that's about what I expected. The ARRL failed with the band allocations
by bandwidth (Winlink wars) and now it looks like they are trying an end run
to get the wideband junk everywhere. Did anyone on the Ad Hoc Symbol Rate Rule
Modernization Committee ask for input from the ham community? This smells
bad.....again, it got very ugly last time. Write to your director and try to stop it
before it gets to the FCC.

The questions I asked during the last dust up that got me booted and banned
from a certain digital reflector were
1. Who monitors the messages for content?
2. Does Part 97.101(b) not apply to Winlink?
3.Part 97.113(4), are emails moving through the Winlink system encrypted
   within the message body? See point 1.
4. Part 97.113(5)  SailMail is available.
This got started when a sysop told users to turn off busy channel detection and
the open admission of users that they never had the volume up on their rigs
to listen for other signals.

I need to cool down some before I write my director or need bp meds.

Ron
K0IDT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM" <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>