Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives
From: John Becker <w0jab@big-river.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:44:27 -0500
On 7/26/2013 9:40 AM, Peter Laws wrote:
Come on, Joe. Call a spade a spade - they are quasi-commercial internet email gateways for sailors with no 97.113 filtering or ability for anyone else to do same.

Oh come on Peter.

Are you going to make a ham who happens at the time to be at sea use a commercial service
just to let friends and family know where he is at?

He's a ham got God's shakes. Dont put a burden on him just because of his location.

I see not a thing with a winlink post of latitude and longitude, heading and speed. Besides I see it all the time from people working on a commercial shipping boat.

John, W0JAB
P4 equipment