Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

To: "rtty-contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:58:34 -0400
All,

FYI---- Here is the response I received today, 7/24/2013 from K1ZZ, the CEO of the ARRL Re my strong objection to the ARRL 2.8KHz bandwidth proposal for digital modes in all the HF bands.........

Here is the ARRL (but, we are working for your best interests) position...........

73,
Ben - WB2RHM, WB2RHM/4, WB2RHM/2
ARRL Life Member
ARRL 50 yr Member
Active RTTY Contester

Ben, I will forward your comments to your Director, Dennis Bodson, W4PWF.

However, you should welcome a limit being placed on the bandwidth of HF digital data signals. At the present time there is no bandwidth limit whatsoever on digital data signals as long as the 300 baud limit is observed. It is legal today for a signal with multiple carriers, each with multiple-bit-per-symbol modulation, to be considerably wider than 2.8 kHz. The 2.8 kHz value accommodates digital emissions now in common use while putting a cap on the bandwidth that a station could occupy in the future.

73,
David Sumner, K1ZZ
Chief Executive Officer, ARRL