Re: [RTTY] 160 m

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 m
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 21:31:39 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:00:48 -0400, Kai wrote:

>For the same transmitter PEP, JT65 outperforms RTTY by about 29 dB (a power
>ratio of 800).
>That will make a big difference on 160 m.
>73
>Kai, KE4PT

REPLY:

I would like to see some high power JT65 on 160 meters this winter. Perhaps
a small segment of the band should be set aside for that? Like PSK, JT65 is
normally operated with the receiver bandwidth as wide as possible and HP is
normally not welcome. How about the very bottom end, 1800-1803? Not much
going on there. Might be fun to see what JT65 can really do.

73, Bill W6WRT