Re: [RTTY] 160 m

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 m
From: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:14:39 -0500
Bill I think I told you this before but maybe not. JT65 is a weak signal mode
and not low power, run as much as you want.  The EME guys are usually
full limit with gain antennas. For the record I did the 160m JT65 WAS with
20 watts or less and several of the DX guys that got in there were 400 watts+
on their end. I played around with a KL7 station last year and he still had
perfect
copy when I was down to 5 watts, couldn't get any lower with what I had.

If you want to try high power then one end or the other of the JT65 area will
keep you out of trouble....mostly :)

Ron
K0IDT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>