Re: [RTTY] RM-11708, the "other side"

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708, the "other side"
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:07:14 -0500

No, that's a *fact*.  Show me *one* emergency in the US where
long haul communications was disrupted to the point that more
than one VHF/UHF link was required to reach the nearest working
long haul terminal.  On the other hand, the official after action
reports of agency after agency show no use of, or need for, HF data
links in large scale emergencies for the last 25 years.

Emergencies are nearly always defined by significant local
disruptions with the availability of fully functioning backbone
networks *on the periphery* of the disaster area.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV