Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

To: RTTY group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:58:43 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/3/2014 1:42 PM, Anthony (N2KI) wrote:
How do you prevent the "slim" from coming back to you on your frequency as the DX station? That will be the next problem. Just a thought.

Regards,

Anthony (N2KI)

REPLY:

That problem already exists. I've heard the slim call on the DX frequency, pretending to be him. You usually can tell a difference in the signal, either strength and QSB, format of the reply, or on CW, speed. I'd have a macro that says QRT LID or words to that effect.

Keep in mind the advantages: No jammers on the DX frequency, no interference from guys who forget to go split and no cops with their UP UP UP. Even if the slim is jamming someone, it's only ONE station instead of jamming the DX for everybody.

73, Bill W6WRT