Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:15:52 -0500
Can we put this mess to bed?

Several well thought out replies have been posted indicating this idea will
not work. Here is one more:

 I call CQ, listening up 2-5, and I will call you on your frequency.
I then leave the frequency for several minutes to work those I can hear.
Someone comes along, finds a clear frequency and sends QRL? Nothing heard,
so he starts calling CQ.  I come back some time later and the frequency is
in use... Plus, the folks calling me that don't have dual receive will keep
calling (endlessly).

When problems with no dual receive (among others) were pointed out, it then
became "Post instructions on the cluster!" Problem being - not everyone has
Internet in their shack. FT5ZM? No internet...

Then there is the issue of even hearing the DX on your TX frequency. Folks
on/close to your TX frequency make the DX hard to hear. You keep missing
this one.

And this is when the bands are (relatively) quiet. Try this when the bands
are busy!

 There has been a LOT of messages on this topic, and you keep wanting more
ideas when problems with your idea are pointed out.

At this point, I would expect the list moderator to step in and put an end
to this discussion. Instead, the moderator is PUSHING the issue
(endlessly).

How do we deal with the lid problem? Same way as we have dealt with it for
as as long as I can remember: IGNORE THEM. If the QRM gets too bad, you get
hot under the collar - whatever - SPIN THE DIAL. Still hot? Turn the radio
off and try again tomorrow. Problem solved.

Seems like this idea has been working fine for years...  This is what I
plan to do with any further postings about this "great new idea" ...

Tom - VE3CX