Re: [RTTY] QST article about Win XP

To: "'John Merrill'" <john_n1jm@icloud.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QST article about Win XP
From: "Tom Magarelli" <wa2pni@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:55:36 -0400
I apologize for staying on this topic about OS software in this group.
but if I don't ask questions from knowledgeable people and people who have
been there.
> I am currently in the process of building a new PC to run Win 7, my way of
upgrading from XP
My question is should I go for 32 or 64 ? I believe 64 will run faster, but
will it have any effect
on how these digital programs will work, or will it make no difference.
I had asked the group which would be better 7 or 8. The majority seemed to
prefer 7 over 8.
So with that I purchased Win 7 Pro.
Thanks for your feedback,

Tom - WA2PNI

I think it depends on how you define "upgrade". If you go from XP to Win7
you must do a custom ( clean) install. If you go from Vista to Win7 you can
do a direct upgrade.

73, John N1JM