Re: [RTTY] QST article about Win XP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QST article about Win XP
From: "Gary - NC3Z" <nc3z_gary@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 13:57:42 -0400
Yes a bit of inaccuracies in the article. I upgraded  couple of my XP boxes,
but I am keeping one as XP as I do have 1 program that will not run under 7
due to a driver issue. So for that box I did a complete reformat and new
install, did all the updates, and installs I needed. And once I got it
configured the way I wanted used a free ghosting program called Redo Backup.
So now if something happens to it I can at least have a way to reinstall it
if MS no longer supports Windows Update for XP.

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z Davidsonville, MD   FM18
http://www.mitchelson.org/