Re: [RTTY] To SO2R contesters (f6fdr question)

To: "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To SO2R contesters (f6fdr question)
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:49:46 -0700
"Soliciting" is against most contest rules when it is done outside the
contest period and/or by a means other than the mode and band(s) in which
one is competing.

For example, it is usually not OK to set up a schedule before the contest.
It is usually not OK to announce on 40 meters that you are also on 20 meters
if you are a Single-Band 20m entry.  It is not OK to use SSB to send
stations to your CW frequency if your entry is CW only.  It is generally not
OK to self-spot on Packet, even if you are entering Assisted.

But, it is fine to move a station to another band during the contest, as
long as the current and destination modes/bands are all within your entry
category.  I'm not aware of any contest rules that prohibit this.

Ed W0YK

Jim W7RY wrote:
As I remember soliciting is against the rules on some contests?

Ed W0YK wrote:
In addition, if the rate is
moderate, say below 130/hour, and we have not worked on the other band, then
I may send "QRV 28097.3" along with my TU/CQ QSL message.  That lets you and
anyone else listening know where my other radio is.  Toward the end of the
contest, this practice is much more prevalent.