Re: [RTTY] To SO2R contesters (f6fdr question)

To: "'Wa3frp'" <wa3frp@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To SO2R contesters (f6fdr question)
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 22:55:28 -0700
Russ WA3FRP wrote:

What is the current feeling about stations who post their logs in eQSL and
Club Log (not so much LoTW)
before the contest log submission deadline expires?

My current thinking is to upload to LotW and Club Log immediately after the
contest.  (I don't' "get" eQSL, but that is another thread!)  I used to wait
until the log submittal deadline.  There are arguments on each side of this,
but I ultimately came down to immediate log uploads, in favor of the
majority of contest participants.

It is my belief that most stations operating in a contest are not serious
contesters but are operating in this high activity time period for any
number of other (non-contest) reasons.  For the most part, the ham bands are
under utilized except during contests and DXpeditions.  Thus, any ham radio
operator who wants to operate his station, is incented to get on the air
during contests and DXpeditions.

So, the majority of stations in my logs are more interested in confirming
the QSO than in massaging their contest log based on a LotW confirmation (or
not).  I want to encourage those folks to keep participating in contests, so
being responsive with LotW and other QSLing paths is a good thing.

Ed W0YK