[RTTY] Is it just me?

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Is it just me?
From: James Douglass <ac0e@odsgc.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:08:59 -0500
All,

Is it just me or what.
The largest growth area in amateur radio is digital modes and RTTY in particular. RTTY contest weekends are seeing more and more activity and new call signs scrolling across my screen.

The ARRL has this winter has created a firestorm among the digital community with RM -11708. To top this off the RTTY Forum at the Dayton Hamvention, which would bring together a large group of dedicated RTTY operators in the same room and hierarchy of ARRL in the same building, is cancelled. This is very odd to me and smells very much like ARRL pressure on the Hamvention people.
Occam's Razor immediately comes to my mind.

"when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

That the ARRL knows they have a big PR problem on their hands and it is gaining momentum and they are in damage control trying limit decent on this issue and marginalize those who are vocal (in this case us) critics of their actions.

ARRL Forum did not get cancelled as far as I know.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the RTTY Dinner this year. I have my tickets... do you have yours?

73 - Jim AC0E
ARRL Life Member 8209245