Re: [RTTY] This is why you are having trouble with the reflector

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] This is why you are having trouble with the reflector
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:42:23 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/16/2014 8:22 PM, Jeff Stai wrote:
emails.

So because your email address domain (e.g. yahoo.com) does not match the
sending domain (e.g. contesting.com) a whole bunch of servers are bouncing
your reflector emails. And the reflectors are unsubscribing you because of
too many bounces.

REPLY:

Actually, nobody is getting unsubscribed but rather being put on a temporary hold status because of too many bounces. You need to talk to your ISP (yahoo.com, hotmail.com or whoever) and get this rectified.

In the meantime, if you email me direct I will re-instate your service immediately, but of course, the same thing could happen again if the problem with your ISP is not fixed.

Also please note that with some ISPs (such as mine) you will not see your own messages to the reflector. They do this to save bandwidth, so they say. My ISP is based on Google, and I I am told that gmail does the same thing. You can overcome this by cc'ing or bcc'ing yourself if you wish.

73, Bill W6WRT
RTTY List Administrator at contesting.com
dezrat1242@wildblue.net