Re: [RTTY] New Winlink usage

To: Jeff AC0C <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Winlink usage
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 20:35:10 -0400

I saw the identical situation this afternoon on 17 meters.  5Z4/LA4GHA
had been on 18.106 working a pile-up on RTTY about 20:30z ... around
22:00 some PACTOR 2 signal fires up zero beat with 5Z4/LA4GHA making it
completely impossible for anyone to copy.  The PACTOR 2 station cranked
away for 15 or 20 minutes monopolizing the frequency.

Fortunately, the JA stations were apparently able to copy 5Z4/LA4GHA
through the garbage so the 5Z4 was not run off the frequency entirely.
5Z4/LA4GHA was strong enough on my dipole as were both PACTOR noise
generators that there was absolutely no way that one or both of the
PACTOR systems could not tell that the frequency was in use if they
had competent, functioning busy channel detectors.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV