[RTTY] ARRL willful interference

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] ARRL willful interference
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:23:17 -0600
The person/station/operator using the frequency has every right to continue to use that frequency except in the case of an emergency.

The ARRL and W1AW willfully interfered with you. Plain and simple and a clear violation of:

Section 97.101(d) of the Commission's Rules prohibits amateur operators from willfully or maliciously interfering with or causing interference to any radio communication or signal. 47 C.F.R. § 97.101(d).

Most of us will just move along because we are courteous operators and act like gentlemen. We do not fire up our transmitters without listening first. Should the the ARRL operate it's station in accordance with the rules and all the operating guides it has published? I think so.

If it was one of us interfering with you Tom would you have been so happy and eager to move?

I don't understand why some feel the ARRL has a unicorn type mythical power that it is any better or knows what it better for us. Lets stand behind them when they do it right. Don't blindly follow anyone or any club or organization. They all have their own motives and reasons for things that might not be completely obvious on a first glance.

Mike W0MU