Re: [RTTY] RTTY reversebeacon spotting network wow!

To: "Richard Ferch" <ve3iay@storm.ca>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY reversebeacon spotting network wow!
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:16:02 -0500
Making the software decode logic more intelligent is the better solution. The run format is a highly debated and sensitive subject. Space-CALL-space-CQ-space at the end the standard practice used by most. Adding a letter (like K) is not going to be supported at all. We are lucky if we can get guys to add the space before and after their blasted call sign.

If the decoder were constrained to a pattern of space-callsign-space-cq-space, and required at least two of these decode hits 1) on the same frequency and 2) within a couple of minutes time span, it will catch most of the contest runners.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Ferch