Re: [RTTY] CR/LF, SP, or something better for RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CR/LF, SP, or something better for RTTY
From: "Rick Ellison" <rellison@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 12:28:12 -0400
Mark..
Re this:
"VE3NEA, who is the author of RTTYSKimmer came up with another possibility
with a dynamic way of freezing the data input window based on the mouse
movement.  He has a demo of this approach as well as its source code.  This
program simulates an RTTY client program that prints received characters and
allows you to click on the words in the scrolling window.  To see this in
action, please download the freezer demo from

(http://www.dxatlas.com/private/freezer.zip)

extract Freezer.exe from the zip file, and play with it. While it doesn't
have real callsigns you can quickly get the sense of how it operates.

If this gets picked up by the various contest logging programs, it is maybe
a way to make the discussion of cr/lf moot."

This is Implemented in N1MM + sort of. In N1MM+ there is an option called
"Use RX Window Callsign pause Routines" What this does is when your mouse is
over a callsign it freezes input to the RX window as soon as you move away
from the callsign it unfreezes the RX window input.

Alex's idea is a good one but during a contest my mouse never leaves the RX
window so if using Alex's idea the window would be paused all of the time.
When I am in a contest I use my mouse for grabbing callsigns and exchanges
but also I use the Right click for progressing the ESM sequence. For some
contests I can work the whole contest and never touch my keyboard or without
the mouse outside of the rx windows..

73 Rick N2AMG

---
is active.