Re: [RTTY] CR/LF, SP, or something better for RTTY

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CR/LF, SP, or something better for RTTY
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 16:14:13 +0000
Caveat: I haven't tried the demo, so I might be making a bad assumption here.

As I understand it, this is an attempt to respond to the concerns some people
have with scrolling making point-and-click RTTY (especially RTTY contesting)
difficult.

There are other ways to combat the scroll problem, some of which have been
incorporated into different programs, and they all have their pros and cons.
Different people may prefer different solutions.

While a number of people (including myself) seem to prefer point-and-click for
SO1R operation, I think once you start talking about SO2R, point-and-click
quickly becomes less desirable.  Making a few contacts on the second radio
isn't too bad, but if you are aggressively making second radio contacts / doing
dueling CQ's, you will be moving your mouse back and forth across the screen a
LOT for point-and-click.   Using the keyboard becomes the better option.

--
Michael Adams | N1EN | mda@n1en.org