Re: [RTTY] Point-and-click vs typing

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Point-and-click vs typing
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 09:40:09 -0400
Hello,

To "add" to the discussion, a single computer is used for my all my amateur
operating, including contest SO2R.  Running on two radios, each on a
different band and interlacing the QSOs so only one transmitter is on the
air at a time, is my preferred RTTY contest operating.

Writelog plus Fkeys S/W are used with MMTTY and 2 Tone decoders for each
radio.  Guesstimate 90% of all QSOs are made using just a multi-key
wireless mouse (Logitech M510).  From time to time, entries via the
keyboard have to be made.  Fortunately, only the right hand has to move
from the mouse to the keyboard should an entry using the right hand be
necessary and then return to where the mouse was left on the mouse pad.
The right hand can stay on the mouse if a left hand keyboard entry is
needed.

You could operate a contest with just the keyboard although doubt if you
could with just a mouse.  However, being proficient in data entry,
manipulation, using either the keyboard and, to a large extent the mouse,
will definitely increase your enjoyment of RTTY contesting.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH