Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

To: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>, "reflector RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:03:20 -0600
If you hear a call absent the trailing cq, then you cannot be sure the call sign is from the guy doing the CQ. If you are running S&P on two rigs at once, the time savings is huge.

And I don't think we can lump all the RTTY skimmer functionality together. I ran RTTY Skimmer on the QS1R locally and don't recall a single errant decode. It may have happened - but just not often enough for me to take note. I don't know about the other skimmer solutions, but in my experience here, Alex's RTTY Skimmer is solid.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Hachadorian