Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:36:59 -0500
OTOH, I used WPX W6NWS and only got spotted if someone manually spotted it. I changed to WPX W6NWS CQ and began to show up by the skimmers. I would never use CQ as part of calling someone when I am doing S&P or in the middle of a QSO. If I just caught your call sign without CQ or QRZ I would normally presume you are in the middle of exchange unless I heard the beginning of your transmission and knew you soliciting calls.

Some use it on CW as well to distinguish when looking for new calls.

73, Larry  W6NWS

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Hachadorian