Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:34:27 -0800
To Dave K6LL and the group,

Dave, I don't think the way you have your macro set is the reason the skimmers
are seeing callers to YOU as spots.

As far as I can see, skimmers appear to be spotting pretty much anything, at
any time.
My reason for saying this is based on what I was seeing in the K1N pile-ups.
During their time on RTTY, there were spots for loads of calls on that band,
and none were using CQ in their calls at all.

I actually got spotted on 17m when I made a call to them, and I did not use a
CQ, nor were there any CQ's on that frequency during the (short) time I called
them.

It is the reason I have given up using a skimmer site when contesting. It
appears that all calls get spotted regardless of whether they use a CQ in their
macro or not.

And yes, I do use a CQ at the end of my macro, as it can be a right pain to sit
and wait for the caller to call again and check that he is calling CQ, if you
happen to chance upon them and only get the call.

73 de Phil GU0SUP