Re: [RTTY] Mouse performance

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Mouse performance
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:04:10 +0000
In the past, when I've had problems with a pointer being twitchy, it's been
some combination of a need to clean the gadget, system load, and/or RF getting
in the way.

I'm using a Logitech cordless trackball.  No problems assuming I keep it clean.

(I prefer trackballs as I can get greater pointer motion on screen with a
minimum of hand/arm motion.  Having some programmable buttons on the trackball
mapped to ESC and ENTER also is extremely useful for RTTY contesting.)

FWIW, a few months ago I added a Steelseries Merc Stealth gaming keyboard to my
shack PC.  Although it is a corded keyboard (and therefore exposed to the risk
of RF), the ability to program/remap keys on the board (in particular a gaming
pad on the left side) has come in extremely handy for RTTY and CW operations.

The programmable keyboard and the trackball make for very, very comfy RTTY
contesting.

--
Michael Adams | N1EN | mda@n1en.org