Re: [RTTY] ARRL band plan

To: "William G. Lisk" <wglisk@outlook.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL band plan
From: Ron Kolarik <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 23:08:06 -0500
Hi Bill,

Here's a few good references to what's going on but in the end it's
going to be how you feel about it.
http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60001025941
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/rtty/2015-March/044804.html

I almost agree with W4TV in the last link with the exception of expanded
novice and tech privileges. The FCC recently denied a proposal to give
techs more modes on 10m citing the license class was meant to be a pathway
to upgrading to general. It's a simple multiple guess test to get a general and
since techs are currently the majority of licensees you have to wonder why
they aren't upgrading.

Ron
K0IDT