Re: [RTTY] ARRL band plan

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL band plan
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:52:56 -0400

I almost agree with W4TV in the last link with the exception of
expanded novice and tech privileges. The FCC recently denied a
proposal to give techs more modes on 10m citing the license class was
meant to be a pathway to upgrading to general.

On the other hand, Bill Cross who was the FCC's "Ham Guy" until he
retired last week, is quoted as saying he expects the Commission to
eventually reduce the number of license classes to only one or two.

If Technician licensees are permitted the use of data modes at VHF,
I see no reason they should be denied them in the narrow band HF
spectrum.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV