Re: [RTTY] bandpass filters

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] bandpass filters
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:55:45 -0500
I've been using Dunestar 600 filters forever and I push 100 watts into them
most of the time and for many years. The only time I don't run 100 watts
into them is when I run high power in some contests.

I also have a set of Dunestar single band filters for spares and have run
100 watts into them with no issues.

I think maybe I had one or two failures. One failure occurred with I ran 200
watts into one of the single band units when I owned IC-775. The other
failure was in the 15M section of one of the 600 filters but I don't
remember what the circumstances were. I sent them back to Ron and he fixed
me right up with minimal cost and got them back to me quickly.

I think all Dunestar filters are rated for 200 watts.

73, Don AA5AU