Re: [RTTY] Commercial software

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Commercial software
From: "G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:02:44 -0000
Interesting discussion. The reason I developed 2Tone initially was to give
me a competitive edge over other contesters. This it did. This is why it
works with N1MM now N1MM+ as that was the contest logging software I have
been using and still do use.

The reverse engineering of the MMTTY interface was so I could use it with my
favourite contest logging program without having to change N1MM.

Then I thought of all the benefit I had had from others like the N1MM team
who give away their endeavours for no charge to other radio amateurs. In
honour of those whose efforts, I made 2Tone available for use with free
logging programs.

As for being offered a commercial bribe to make it a paid for program
although not a wealthy man by any means I have sufficient income for my
needs so that would not work for me.

I would also like to acknowledge the help given freely by people like Chen
W7AY, Peter Martinez G3PLX, Rick N2AMG and others. Without these guys it
would not have been possible.

73 David G3YYD