Re: [RTTY] Dayton Hamvention RTTY Contest Forum

To: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dayton Hamvention RTTY Contest Forum
From: Steve NR4M <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:15:48 -0500
If I might add one...

'Someone' once told me years ago, to not let anyone pass your freq without hearing you send something. Point being, if your equipment can stand it, make -unnecessary- silence something to avoid. My repeat is set to 3 seconds, with left thumb hovering over the 'esc' key. Have a station S&P'ing hear you working someone, or calling CQ. But, like I said, it's hard on the equipment. Here, connectors especially.

10 or 15 seconds between CQ's is way too much and just asking for someone to take your frequency.

73 de Steve, NR4M