[RTTY] Q Rate Killers

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Q Rate Killers
From: "Ross" <rbiggar@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:59:56 +1300
The comments in this discussion may be ok for all you contesters in the US.
But come down here to NZ, where I had to try to work into the US, against hams
with there beams pointed into Europe and busy working each other.
You need a bit of time to be able to be able to sort out a callsign, and also
the state.
As a matter of interest a number of times I had to request the state
separately.  Which wastes time, also a number ofstations did not sign off with
TU

I was working 15, 20, 40m single, unassisted, and got over 500 contacts only
working about 30hours.
A a matter of interest my max rate at one stage for one hour was about 60,
shown on N1mm, but mainly on 15m.

Regards
Ross
ZL1N