Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest thisweekend!

To: "'John Barber'" <john@bordertech.co.uk>, "'Julio VE3FH'" <ve3fh@yahoo.ca>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest thisweekend!
From: "Barry Murrell ZS2EZ" <zs2ez@zs2ez.co.za>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:10:09 +0200
Hi John and all concerned

I have an issue with this logic : Take for example my situation - South
Africa now has a Maximum Power level of 1KW... my amplifier (max 600W) has
packed up, and unless someone with WAY more knowledge than I have can fix it
(Not very likely in my location)I will be running Low Power for the
foreseeable future (there is simply NO WAY that I can afford another
amplifier, I would LOVE a new solid-state amp but at our exchange rate it
would cost me a year's income, if I gave up paying bills and didn't eat!!).
Thus I must now compete DIRECTLY against others running 10x my power....
what is the point??

My contesting for 2017 was already going to be limited to a selected handful
of events - I have now scratched the BARTG events off my list as being
impractical for me.

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
EPC#0558 DMC#1690 WCC#030 30MDG#4081
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC(RTTY)#1,916
DXCC(phone)#34,990  DXCC(CW)#11,714
DXCC 40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m
WAS Triple Play #492  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAE-I(mixed)#72
WAZS(mixed)#214  AAA#1569
AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334  UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22  WAC
(Satellite)