Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve

Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 12:48:25 -0700
What Ed W0YK said. But also...

When I am running, I appreciate seeing my call in the received exchange,
because 1) I know they are responding to me, and 2) it lets stations who
can't hear me see that I am here. When I am S&P, I reply with your call in
my exchange for these reasons, and because I choose to have just one macro
for this.

When I operate NAQP I give name once and state twice, because it seems to
work better that way - if I send it once I get a lot more repeat requests.
With NV being a relatively rare multiplier, perhaps other stations need the
reassurance that they have it right. Later in the show I may drop down to
one instance, depending on conditions.

I was left with an impression a while back that there is a contest/logging
software that has the "send call plus full exchange" in response to CQ as a
default of some sort. This practice is demonstrably less efficient than
what we consider a "standard QSO" and more likely to generate repeat
requests. Perhaps those of you who communicate with the software folks can
put in a word, and if you see a friend doing it let them know gently after
the show that there is a better way. In the meantime, I'll happily log the
Q and move along.

73 jeff wk6i (@W7RN)

ps: K6LL is my exchange hero!

--