Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, "Steve Bookout" <steve@nr4m.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] One Pet Peeve
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 08:22:13 -0500
Wow Steve...

I guess it is ALL ABOUT *YOU*.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Bookout
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 8:11 AM
To: rtty@contesting.com

All good comments.

I try to be loud, but I guess we all do.  I think anyone with a bit of
experience can tell if they're reasonably loud, or not.
If I'm loud, I will send it ONCE.  If I change bands or conditions
change, I will adjust accordingly.   It's not rocket science, if you do
not copy what I send, ASK AGAIN.

MY PET PEEVE.

I don't care how loud either one of us is, when you call me, just send
your call.   I DO NOT want your entire exchange.  I usually use ESM and
am expecting things in a certain order.  I develop a rhythm when running
and don't appreciate it being NEEDLESSLY disrupted, just to satisfy what
you may thing are your special 'needs' or privileges.  It is *my*
frequency till I relinquish it and we will play by my rules (which are
not really difficult.)  Just use the normally accepted exchange format.
It is a bit arrogant to expect anyone to make an exception based on
self-centered, misguided needs of one individual.  I forgive the
Italians, as this must be embedded in their DNA.   \
*IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, DO NOT WORK ME* because I will not be anxious
to work you.

Steve, NR4M
Some RTTY operators insist on sending their exchange just once; for example, they send " David VA " once.Now if I had static crashes, QRM, QSB, etc, I may have missed their info and would have to ask for a repeat. If they had sent it twice then more than likely I would have copied enough of it that a repeat is unnecessary. I would ask all to send their info twice, so repeats are less likely. Doesn't that make sense? If not, tell me why not. That's my 2 cents worth.
73, David AD4TJ