[SECC] ARRL 160 2002

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160 2002
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:24:46 -0500
Someone can check the official club competition rules, but I read them
recently and I am pretty sure that they say that the club members must
be operating within the geographical limits of the club, so any member
operating from the Caribbean or even from Virginia, for example,
wouldn't count.  Maybe this is why there are so few expeditions for this
contest.  Of course, that doesn't stop people from going to the
Caribbean for the ARRL DX Contest and ARRL 10 M contest.  In fact, I am
planning to operate 8P9Z in ARRL 10 M next year, which means I won't
help the club with any points.  W2SC is going to use the 8P station in
CQ WW CW himself next year.  Anyway, compared to CQ 160 CW, there are
fewer DXpeditions for ARRL 160 than for the CQ contest, both of which
allow worldwide contacts (don't they?).

Bill, I appreciate your suggestion of my operating ARRL 160 at Tom's,
but it may be that it will be difficult to do if it is just a day or so
before my departure for Barbados.  (It might be better for me to take a
longer vacation and work both contests in Barbados, but that wouldn't
help the club scores at all, hi.)

73,

John.